UWA ASA is the University of Western Australia staff association; as such it is uniquely placed to represent the needs of the academic staff at UWA.
The objectives of the UWA Academic Staff Association are to:
- protect and further the interests of all members in relation to their employment;
- provide means for combined action in matters relating to the employment of members;
- conduct negotiations with the University and make applications and submissions to tribunals and other bodies for the fixing of rates of pay and working condition for members;
- enter into agreements respecting rates of pay and conditions of employment with the University or any authority or body, governmental or otherwise;
- promote contacts between the members of the Association working in different fields;
- increase awareness of members of the activities, aims and problems of the University;
- help in the formation of informed opinion on the functions and development of the University;
- contribute to the effectiveness of the University in any manner that the Association may deem advisable;
- protect freedom and independence of teaching and research to promote education and research and to encourage an interchange of members with kindred institutions in Australia and abroad;
- to uphold in an equal manner the interests of its members without any discrimination for or against any member or group of members.